Click on the Photos for a Larger Version...

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Rain Ripples

Click for a larger view
 What we do in life echoes in eternity
It was a cool rainy day and as the rain drops in flood water, they caused oscillations that created concentric waves that looked like ripples emanating from the where the drops are landing. Sound wave is said to be the disturbance in air pressure, radio wave is a disturbance in the magnetic field, light wave is the disturbance electromagnetic optics and water wave is a disturbance in the surface of water. A wave therefore is a disturbance that travels through space and time, usually accompanied by the transfer of energy.
These tiny waves or ripples made me think for a moment about what it must mean. I believe that every action we do, every word we utter and every little thing that emanates from our personalities creates ripples in our lives that will echo in eternity. I write this blog for me, what I think changes me, and what I do affects others.

No comments:

Post a Comment