Click on the Photos for a Larger Version...

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Bloody Moon

Click for a larger view
“The moon, like a flower
In heaven's high bower,
With silent delight
Sits and smiles on the night.”
-W. Blake

Today, i have witnessed a rare natural phenomenon: a very long lunar eclipse! I woke up late at 3:00 am and the moon is already red! I am not sure if i can capture this beautiful sight well because i don't have those so-called SLR's. I managed to mount my A1250 GE Digital camera and tried capturing the moment. A first i wasn't able to focus and the pics came out blurred. With perseverance, i tried different scenario settings like 2-30 secs exposure and fireworks settings. Out of 150 Digicam shots, I only picked the best 7 photos emerged. I ran out of batteries and the last picture is hard to capture because it is already dark. Taken starting 3:09am to 3:41am, here is my digicam images of today's lunar eclipse.(I cropped and arranged the images I but did not enhanced it digitally)

Click for a larger view
I am able to capture some stars and they appeared as speckles in this photograph. Taken using GE A1250 at Cabanatuan City

1 comment: