Click on the Photos for a Larger Version...

Saturday, June 4, 2011

My Favorite Flower: SAMPAGUITA



Living near the river side, i always have the opportunity to visit the nearby Sampaguita farms. Sampaguita has been a part of my childhood days. When i was 8 years old, i tried to sell Sampaguita flowers with my cousins but im not very good in it because some people buys Sampaguita from dirty, poor looking children and the elderly. I always dress neatly so i rarely got some buyers. Every day i woke up early morning at 5:30 am and head to Mang Andy's farm to gather Sampaguita flowers before i go to my elementary class. I earn 5 Pesos per "tabo" and i average about 3 and 1/2 tabo a day. I have learned to appreciate the labor of the people behind the Sampaguita flower from the farmer, the gatherer, the crafter and up to the seller.
White, dainty and fragrant, the small sampaguita flower is the national flower of the Philippines because of its popularity, ornamental value, fragrance, and the role it plays in the legends and traditions of the Filipino people.
Small and beautiful, the Sampaguita tells us that good deeds however great or small, has its own beautiful fragrance that delights the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment